Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Obama Talks Foreign Policy

I strongly recommend watching at least a few minutes of yesterday's foreign policy discussion featuring Obama's closest foreign policy advisers and the Senator himself at a small meeting in New Hampshire.

You can find clips from the discussion here:
http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post_group/ObamaHQ/Cx7J
(scroll down to the fourth and fifth clips to see Obama answer unscripted questions from the audience)

Despite my own doubts and skepticism of my preferred candidate, especially around issues of trade and the like (as Mr. Brown has detailed below), I do find Obama's vision of foreign policy uniquely compelling among public figures in my lifetime. The most important indication I have garnered from watching and reading about Obama is that he understands that "foreign policy" and "domestic policy" are outdated terms in an increasingly intertwined global society. I understand the influence of political necessity in anything any candidate says, but damn does it make me feel good to hear a candidate speak of the world the way he does.

No comments: