Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Throw on your best Cubs shirt and enjoy as history is made



OK, so the title is a little dramatic, what can I say, I'm excited. I'm actually wearing the only Cubs shirt that I own which, unfortunately, features ex-Cub Sammy Sosa. I don't say 'unfortunately' to knock on Sammy, even though many probably would, including my grandpa who still refers to Sammy as So-So (which he would repeat over and over whenever Sammy was up to bat). Instead, I only say this because it is necessary to look toward the present (and near future) as we enter this historic phase in the modern history of the Cubs. But hey, Sammy was around in 2003 when the Cubs were just innings away from advancing to the World Series, so wearing his face might not be such a bad thing. I'll go with that. Anyway, let's get 'em Zambrano!

No comments: